As one of Nevada’s long-standing settlements, Dayton combines the old with the new in a way that is pleasing to those looking to add rustic and modern elements to their lives.
Dayton is rich with history, as the town’s location starts at a bend in the Carson River, where immigrants often stopped for water. With that, Dayton found itself in the middle of the Gold and Silver Rushes, more notably with the famous Comstock Load. For movie buffs, it is known that Dayton was the filming location and setting for John Huston’s “The Misfits,” starring Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe.
Nowadays, Dayton is home to a variety of events and activities, such as:
- A Main Street with Odeon Hall and an 1865 school house museum.
- Multiple parks and ball fields.
- The Dayton Valley Golf Club, recognized as one of the premier golf courses in Northern Nevada and designed by the legendary Arnold Palmer.
- Annual events such as Dayton Valley Days and the Oodles of Noodles Festival and Pasta Cook-Off.
- A plethora of outdoor recreation activities such as fishing, hiking, camping and exploring the breathtakingly beautiful Mt. Como.